How to file a claim after a car accident?

After the unfortunate experience of a car accident, deciding what to do next can be overwhelming. Deciding what to do next is complicated further by the surge of adrenaline and confusion that most victims will experience in the aftermath of a traumatic accident.

Immediately Following a Collision
If you have been involved in a car accident, eliminate the threat of additional injury to yourself or others. Dialing 911 will dispatch a police officer and, in the event of personal injury, emergency medical personnel who can rule out or stabilize any serious injury.

Call Your Insurance Agent or Claims Department
A toll-free number for your carrier’s claims department should be included on your insurance card. If you don’t have your insurance card printout and have a smartphone, you can upload your policy information or look for your insurance company’s claims number on the internet. Contact your carrier and have your policy information, as well as details about the loss, on hand.
While summarizing the details of the occurrence is required when submitting a claim, do not give a recorded or written statement to your insurance company until you have spoken with an attorney. Prepare to provide the following information: the location of the loss, the name and contact information of any other persons involved in the loss, any witness information, and the name and contact information of the investigating officer.

Call a San Diego Car Accident Attorney
Residents of San Diego, California will want an advocate who is well versed on the local statutes as well as the components of a claim and of which you are entitled. As someone who suffered damages to their vehicle or person as the result of an auto accident, you have rights and an attorney will get the settlement you deserve while preserving and protecting those rights. Victims looking for a San Diego Car Accident Attorney in San Diego, California should call Mova Law Group.

Related posts

1 comment

Mova Law Icon Black

Request a Free Legal Consultation 24/7