There is no wrong time to reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer in the aftermath of an accident, so long as an accident victim’s claim falls under California’s statute of limitations.
Does that sound unfamiliar and intimidating? This point alone highlights the benefits of having a legal professional on your side. It’s unfair to expect you to know the ins and outs of civil litigation. Insurance companies would rather you attempt to navigate the legal process alone, but you would do yourself a disservice if you did.
What Does a Personal Injury Attorney Do?
Personal injury law helps to restore you with compensation when someone else’s negligence has caused harm. Proving the intention to harm is unnecessary – the impact is the focus. A personal injury lawyer ensures insurance policy providers and the at-fault parties understand how their actions have affected you.
Liability, negligence, and fault are not easy to prove. Still, an attorney that understands and practices civil law in the state can help you do this and level the playing field, even in the face of stiff opposition.
An accident lawyer increases your chances of winning your lawsuit and receiving a larger amount of money.
A personal injury attorney can:
- Advocate for you in various personal injury cases.
- Give legal advice in a free case evaluation regarding your accident claim‘s viability and legal rights.
- Provide a reasonable estimate of what you can expect to receive. Experienced attorneys can use their knowledge of past cases to give an objective monetary value for your damages (even complex concepts such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and future medical expenses).
- Give a reasonable estimate of when to expect your personal injury lawsuit to last before reaching a settlement.
- Provide expert witnesses with testimony to back up your claims in court.
- Request evidence from the other party’s legal team, such as medical records, interviews, and other physical documentation.
- Handle insurance companies and the other party’s lawyers that wish to downplay their role and blame you for your problems.
- Navigate complicated claims involving powerful opponents, like medical providers or large production companies.
- Eliminate the stress of representing yourself in court and keeping up with all filings and deadlines.
Mova Law Group is a top-ranking personal injury legal firm in San Diego, CA. If you or a loved one are injury victims due to someone else’s actions, we can help.
When Should You Reach Out to a Personal Injury Attorney?
The statute of limitations for many civil cases in California is two years from the accident, but this can vary per instance. Expert legal representation will inform you of deadlines.
Under this guideline, we recommend securing legal representation at one of the following times:
- Best case scenario: Contact a lawyer immediately after you are involved in the incident. This gives you the most time to prepare and win your case.
- You can also contact an attorney upon discovering an injury and seeking medical care. Many serious injuries from an accident don’t appear immediately but later affect your daily life and earning capacity. A personal injury lawyer can help you navigate your treatment and prepare for potential medical bills.
- Finally, you should contact an attorney before you file your insurance claim if you still need to do so. Insurance companies may propose a lowball settlement offer or create delays in bad faith to run out the clock on the statute of limitations. A personal injury lawyer can help you fight against these insurance adjusters and third-party legal teams.
The earlier you reach out, the less hassle you face and the greater your chances of winning a fair settlement. You can reach Chris Movafagh and the personal injury law firm of Mova Law Group 24/7. Contact us today to get started on your claim.
What is the Cost of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Don’t let financial concerns convince you to pursue damages alone. You owe yourself to hire a professional, as the benefits far outweigh any costs. Experienced help is invaluable in a technical field like civil litigation.
At Mova Law Group, we operate on a contingency basis, so you only pay your legal fees once the case wraps. These contingency fees are only due upon reaching a fair compensation amount.
An initial free consultation allows you to establish an attorney-client relationship. You may inquire about their fee structure and experience with personal injury claims like yours. These initial consultations are no-risk, no-obligation meetings until you secure a law firm‘s services.
Mova Law Group is here to support you after your accident. We will fight to get you the maximum compensation you deserve! Our experienced personal injury lawyers are advocates in your corner against those responsible for your accident.