SAN DIEGO ELDER ABUSE LAWYER
Receive The Highest Compensation For Your Elder Abuse Case
Request a Free Legal Consultation
ELDER ABUSE ABUSE ATTORNEYS IN SAN DIEGO
Are you concerned about someone in your life possibly being a victim of elder abuse? Chris and his team of personal injury lawyers at Mova Law Group here in Southern California are available to help.
In the San Diego area in 2019-2020, elderly individuals (those 65 and older) made up about 15% of the general population, with those numbers increase over time. Your loved one – a family member or friend – could be vulnerable to mistreatment or even abuse by a caregiver or assisted living facility.
It is essential to be aware of the warning signs of elder abuse. Know that there are elder abuse attorneys available in San Diego county to ensure that you or the senior in your life are protected from wrongful treatment. Call us today at (858) 900-9911 or book your free consultation through our website to find out how we can assist you.
WHAT WE DO FOR OUR CLIENTS
- Maximum Compensation In Injury Law
- Medical Bills Paid
- Access To The Top Medical Professionals
- We Come To You In The Comfort Of Your Home
- Winning Track Record
- Transparent Legal Process
- Property Damage Compensation
- Recovery Of Lost Wages
- Review Your Personal Injury Case
- Award-Winning Customer Service
- You Don’t Pay Unless We Win Your Case
WHAT DOES ELDER ABUSE LOOK LIKE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW?
Types of elder abuse can include any form of physical, mental/psychological/emotional abuse, financial abuse, or even sexual abuse of a senior citizen by someone in a position of trust. At the extreme, this can even result in wrongful death.
- Physical abuse can include malnutrition and weight loss, broken bones, untreated bedsores, or other injuries such as bruises and cuts due to health care or nursing home neglect or a purposeful attempt to hurt the victim. Evidence of this could be injuries beyond any pre-existing condition the senior might have and should be documented immediately.
- Sexual abuse – Devastating sexual assault has also been found to occur in long-term care facilities and goes unreported. Any sexual activity forced on a person or done if they cannot consent is a sexual assault and is punishable under California law. Evidence of this crime may look like sexually-transmitted infections that staff cannot explain, as well as injuries on the individual’s body and disheveled clothing.
- Unfortunately, psychological, emotional, and mental abuse is prevalent, with one in three nursing home staff reporting they have emotionally abused a patient, according to a 2020 study done by the World Health Organization (WHO). This type of elder abuse involves yelling, belittling, insulting and verbal harassment. Signs of this abuse can look like depression, anxiety, withdrawal, or social isolation.
- Financial elder abuse – Can be disguised when the individual also experiences health problems such as dementia and their decision-making capabilities are entrusted to another. A caregiver may convince an older adult to sign over control of their social security, give them power of attorney or include them in their estate planning. They may even convince the senior citizen to redo their will and provide them with probate.
- Neglect – Abuse of this sort comes from withholding care and not meeting the older person’s needs, whether intentional or not. Neglect could look like senior citizens not being fed, not getting their medications at the proper times, not receiving good medical care, not being changed or bathed, or left to their own devices. Sometimes accidents can occur when a senior is left to move on their own when they should have assistance.
- Slip and fall accidents are extremely dangerous to the elderly and can exacerbate poor health conditions. The law offices of Mova Law Group also count slip and fall accidents as one of their practice areas. Be sure to consult one of these attorneys if your loved one suffered an injury from a preventable fall.
A SAN DIEGO ELDER ABUSE ATTORNEY CAN PROTECT YOUR LOVED ONE
Under elder abuse law, treatment of a senior in a way that is definitely or likely to cause them bodily harm or even death ranges from a misdemeanor to a felony. Long-term care facilities know the risks they run by not having enough staff. Staff members may keep loved ones in the dark about pre-existing physical and psychological conditions worsening. You need the help of an elder abuse attorney who knows the law to litigate your case correctly.
If you are concerned about the well-being of your loved one and feel that they are at risk of harm from a caregiver or experiencing nursing home abuse, you need a San Diego elder law attorney with years of experience. The law firm of Mova Law Group can give you legal advice on how to best proceed with a personal injury case in a free initial no-obligation consultation. Reach out to us today.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT ELDER ABUSE
It is vital to keep an eye out for the older adult in your life and hold caregivers and facilities accountable. If you suspect a family member, assisted-living facility, or any individual carrying out elder abuse, you must report them right away. Reporting in this situation is mandated under the law, so anyone with knowledge of elder abuse who is in a helping professional needs to inform authorities.
Know that our team of elder abuse lawyers can help you make these difficult reports. We will take the accused party to court if need be - the Mova Law Group is an aggressive team and won't settle until you are satisfied with the results! We will also assist you in going over your evidence, determining how or if to proceed with the personal injury case, and arguing for you to receive compensation.
What Our Experienced Elder Abuse Attorneys Will Do For You
- We Will Ensure Your Loved One’s Health Is Taken Care Of.
- We Will Get Your Loved One Fair Compensation for Their Injuries.
- We Will Connect You With Top Rated Doctors For Treatment.
Elder abuse comes at a cost, but you and your loved one shouldn’t be fighting the insurance companies due to someone else’s maltreatment!
FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION WITH AN ELDER ABUSE LAWYER
Mova Law Group will ensure that you and your loved one will be protected and receive the best representation in the California legal system. We can support you through the proper legal channels, including filing police reports and seeking financial compensation on behalf of your family member or friend. Fill out the contact form below for help from an experienced elder abuse attorney.
An elder abuse attorney will team up with you to present your case evaluation under California abuse law. We will see that you get the fair verdict you seek on behalf of the senior in your life. Elder abuse should not be tolerated, and we will ensure you get the best support you deserve. Contact us below or call our 24/7 phone number at (858) 900-9911.
Chris Mova is an award-winning elder abuse lawyer in San Diego, California. His law firm of Mova Legal Group fights for you against the big insurance companies. Chris knows the value of listening to each client’s unique experience, and his team of personal injury attorneys was hand-picked because they feel the same way. He is committed to getting you justice and fair treatment when you need it most. Learn more about Chris.