SAN DIEGO SEMI-TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER
Receive The Highest Compensation For Your Semi-Truck Accident Case
Request a Free Legal Consultation
As Seen On
SEMI-TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN SAN DIEGO
Semi-trucks are a common site on California roads, transporting necessary cargo in already congested traffic. Accidents involving these commercial vehicles do not outnumber any other motor vehicle collision. However, due to the size of these rigs, injuries sustained in truck crashes with passenger vehicles are more likely to be severe and even fatal.
If you or a loved one are involved in a semi-truck accident in the San Diego area, you need a semi-truck accident lawyer to represent you in your personal injury claim. These professionals have experience litigating with the insurance carriers of the responsible parties and can get you the fair settlement you need to cover your medical expenses.
The personal injury attorneys at Mova Law Group have argued truck accident claims for the victims of these horrible crashes. They know medical bills can add up quickly due to the severe injuries often resulting from commercial truck accidents. You can reach out to them today for a free no-obligation case evaluation at (858)900-9911.
WHAT WE DO FOR OUR TRUCK ACCIDENT CLIENTS
- Maximum Compensation For Your 18 Wheeler Accident
- Property Damage Compensation For Any Vehicle Damaged By The Big Rig Accident
- Winning Track Record For Semi-Truck Accidents
- You Don’t Pay Unless We Win Your 18 Wheeler Accident Case
WHAT OUR EXPERIENCED TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS WILL DO FOR YOU
Semi-Truck accidents come at a cost, but you shouldn’t be fighting the insurance companies for something that was not your fault!
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
WHAT CAUSES MOST SEMI-TRUCK AND COMMERCIAL CRASHES?
In San Diego, there are many freight and distribution trucks that transport most of California’s food supplies.
As personal injury attorneys, the Mova Law Group has gathered data regarding the common causes of truck collisions:
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers are more likely to crash while on the road if they have driven more than 6 hours without taking a break/rest stop. While this practice goes against federal laws, truck drivers may push their limits to meet deadlines and work over their hours of service.
- Driver Error: Training for truck drivers is not regulated the way it should be, and there is no guarantee the person behind the wheel of a big rig is adequately prepared to handle the challenges that come up when driving a tractor-trailer. For example, a trucker may attempt to slam on brakes in reaction to another motorist changing lanes, which can cause a dangerous chain reaction.
- Weather and Road Conditions: Wet roads, poor visibility, narrow roadways, and pavement requiring maintenance can all contribute to accidents, as large trucks require more time and skill to maneuver safely through traffic.
- Texting or Distracted Driving: Other motorists may not pay appropriate attention to the roads, instead focusing on smartphone devices or anything other than what’s in front of their vehicle. Traffic accidents involving semi-trucks tend to cause pileups with other cars.
- Commercial Vehicle Negligence: Large trucks may not have proper upkeep and maintenance if companies try to cut corners. The necessary inspections may not be done regularly, leaving a hazardous vehicle on the road.
Our San Diego personal injury lawyers can help you if you have been injured in an accident due to a semi-truck or another motor vehicle causing the accident, or if you are the truck driver and need representation.
Passenger car drivers must remember that trucks require more time and room to react to situations that arise in traffic in order to avoid a vehicle accident.
Due to the sheer size of the truck, any slight bump can cause severe damage to both your vehicle and serious bodily injuries.
The law firm of Chris Movafagh at Mova Law Group will investigate your traffic accident involving a semi-truck and examine factors such as speed limits, deadlines for cargo delivery, maintenance schedules, driver experience, fatigue, and possible errors when evaluating and litigating your personal injury claim again insurance adjusters.
As your legal representation, we can guarantee our dedication to your case as if it was our family member involved in the accident. Call us today at (858) 900-9911 to schedule your free consultation.
TYPES OF SEMI-TRUCK ACCIDENTS IN SAN DIEGO
Whether a large truck collides with a smaller motor vehicle or is alone in a traffic accident, there are unique characteristics to large vehicle collisions. The San Diego law offices of Mova Law Group handle personal injury cases involving the following:
- Jackknife accidents
- Accidents involving too-wide turns
- Brake failures
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Side-swiping collisions
These factors can be seen in accidents involving any large vehicle. An experienced San Diego semi-truck accident attorney can help you with your injury claim against any commercial vehicle, whether a delivery vehicle, semi-truck, 18-wheeler, or construction vehicle.
If you or a loved one have been in a car accident involving a semi-truck or large commercial vehicle, you must immediately reach out to a semi-truck accident lawyer.
WHAT TO DO FOLLOWING A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ACCIDENT
Police will file a report including road conditions, witness statements, and truck accident injuries.
A San Diego semi-truck accident lawyer will evaluate your case and examine the insurance policies of the parties involved to determine liable parties for the collision and advise you of your legal rights. They can fight your case in court for you if that’s what is needed to get you a fair settlement.
Your focus following the accident should be on your recovery, not on fighting big insurance companies for compensation for your medical bills and losses. An experienced commercial vehicle collision attorney can handle your case on your behalf.
COMMON INJURIES AFTER A SEMI-TRUCK OR BIG RIG ACCIDENT
As experienced semi-truck accident lawyers in San Diego, the Mova Law Group has successfully argued liability for truck accident victims experiencing a wide range of personal injuries. Common injuries from commercial vehicle accidents include:
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries Such As Amputations
- Internal Injuries (Organ Injuries)
- Wrongful Death
Always follow medical advice when you have received severe injuries. Remember that many damages resulting from car accidents do not show up immediately, and you may only become aware of them over time. It is essential to stay in touch with your doctor and inform them of any changes in your condition to receive proper treatment.
Truck accidents can also cause:
- Short-term income loss during recovery
- Long-term or permanent income loss
- Permanent loss of earning capacity
- Emotional pain and suffering, including PTSD
- Loss of life
Since our truck accident lawyers in San Diego have dealt with many injured victims, we have compiled a list of common injuries for you to read. Most of the data we have pulled is from the California accident statistic reports. These injuries are:
- Broken Bones
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Internal Injuries (Organ Injuries)
- Wrongful Death
EXPERIENCED SAN DIEGO SEMI-TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS
The Mova Law Group knows there is always more than one party involved in an accident. Parties considered in any San Diego commercial vehicle collision are:
Truck or smaller motor vehicle drivers could be responsible or partly responsible for a significant collision. Driver error can be a substantial factor in arguing liability. Suppose a case can be made that fatigue, lack of proper training, or distraction are causes of the accident. In that case, a semi-truck accident lawyer can litigate your case and make sure you are fairly compensated.
A truck company can be retained liable for the accident. Suppose the trucking company can be found negligent in the maintenance and inspection of their vehicles or have unsafe schedules. In that case, a personal injury attorney can pursue your claim against their insurance providers to get a proper settlement.
An experienced semi-truck accident lawyer can advise you how to proceed with your case when a company may work with contracted drivers and tries to avoid making restitution following an accident.
HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT LAWYER?
Trying to resolve these cases alone can result in you receiving less money than you deserve, and you might not be able to cover all your medical expenses. An excellent personal injury attorney will help you get sufficient compensation from the other party or insurance company.
Time is of the essence when you have a personal injury claim. The earlier you reach out to a semi-truck accident lawyer, the sooner you receive compensation and cover your bills.
The Mova Law Group is available 24/7 and can be reached through this website or over the phone. For immediate assistance in your truck accident case, fill out the above form or call (858) 900-9911 today and speak to a semi-truck accident lawyer for your free personal injury consultation.