Temecula Dog Bite Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Experienced Dog Bite Lawyers Representing Residents Of Temecula, CA
Mova Law Group is an aggressive injury firm dedicated to fighting for your rights and the rights of your loved ones after an incident which results in bodily injuries or emotional injuries. A dog bite can lead to serious long-term disabilities, infections and expensive medical bills. At all times, the owner is always held liable for the actions made by their pet dog. Many say that time heals everything, but in this case, the longer you wait to treat your wounds, the harder it becomes to completely heal and receive the compensation that you are entitled to. If you have been injured, call an experienced Temecula Personal Injury Attorney today in order to take the right steps towards the road to recovery.
What To Do If You Have Been Injured By A Dog Bite
Here is a checklist that you can go through if you have just recently been bitten by a dog. Always seek medical attention immediately, but in the instance where you cannot, follow these steps to prevent any infection or bacteria build up:
- Apply pressure to the wound to limit the amount of bleeding.
- After the pressure has been applied, clean out the wound around and on the punctured area to get rid of any bacteria.
- After the wound has been disinfected, use a clean cloth to remove any excess blood or slow dripping blood that is secreting from the gash.
- Apply additional disinfectant cream to help clean out and leftover bacteria and to optimize the healing process.
- Wrap your wound and make sure the pressure is not limiting your blood flow, but still keeping your cut closed and unable to reopen.
- Check for infection 2-3 times per day and schedule an appointment with a doctor or specialist as soon as possible.
Negligence and Your Injuries: what you need to know
Do you feel like your injury could have been avoided had it not been for the action or inaction of another party? Perhaps a floor was wet without a posted sign, or a handrail missing. In other cases, a distracted driver on a cell phone may have caused an accident. There are countless situations in which negligence may have played a role in your injury. If your world has been turned upside down by someone who failed to exhibit ‘reasonable care’ or judgement to prevent damage, injury or death, you may have a case.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Represent in Temecula Include:
Understanding Dog Bite Laws In California
Being attacked by a dog, regardless of it’s size is no “small” deal. Big or small, an open wound with an animal’s saliva can lead to severe infections and in some cases, the amputation of a body part can be the immediate result. If you or a loved one has been bitten by someone’s pet, the dog bite laws implemented in California are in your favor. California is known as a strict liability state. The law is very simple,
- California’s dog bite law, section 3342 of the Civil Code, states that the owner of any dog is liable for damages if:
the damages were caused by a dog bite, and
- the person bitten was in a public place or lawfully in a private place.
- Although this statute does have an exception if the dog is carrying out police or military work resulting in bodily injuries to an individual. For more information contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Request a FREE Consultation
Helping You Claim Compensation For Your Injuries
Help is on its way and available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We take pride in being able to say that we are available to speak all day and night, for anyone, not just our clients. Our firm will schedule all of your medical appointments, health evaluations, surgeries and make sure you are seeing the right specialist for your injuries. Our aggressive attorneys will do whatever it takes to makes sure that your medical bills are taken care of as a result of a catastrophic incident such as a pit bull attack, German Shephard, vicious 15-pound chihuahua attack and any other type of dog.