Were you Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in Temecula?
Temecula Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Many Temecula residents enjoy their motorcycle transportation whether it is for work purposes or taking their bikes out for a quick spin in the town. Our law firm is here to help you with your case today.
Being involved in a roadside accident in Temecula is usually on the back of one’s mind as they are on their motorbikes. While most Temecula riders assume that they are safe, unexpected accidents do happen. Injuries suffered after a bike crash are often more severe than other accidents. Reason being the riders exposure to no safe surroundings that a driver inside of a vehicle would have.
Aside from the lack of protection, the risk to nature’s environment such as rain, hydroplaning, slippery rocks and potholes can throw a rider viciously off of their bike. Common Temecula Harley Davidson accidents usually end up with broken bones and serious road rash irritation. These Temecula riders are consistently being put at risk for high injuries and even death after a crash.
Motorcycle accidents can be traumatic and life-changing, taking the lives of thousands of American riders every year. Thankfully the roads located in Temecula, CA are reasonably safe and well maintained. Unfortunately just relying on safe and sturdy roads will not prevent the actions of another driver from impacting into an innocent rider on the road.
The Rights Motorcycle Drivers And Passenger Have Under California Law
As a matter of law, a motorcycle is regarded in the same way as is an automobile, with the same general laws and rules applying to motorcycle accident cases as do for auto accident cases.
According to California Law, “A motorcycle is a motor vehicle”. Other precedent set forth in California courts maintains that a motorcycle accident is just as foreseeable as is that of an automobile accident with one major distinction, motorcycle riders and drivers face a significantly greater risk of injury and death.
As such, those involved in motorcycle accidents have the same rights as do those in car accidents, and may have cause to file a wrongful death or personal injury lawsuit in situations where another party was found ‘at fault’ for the accident.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Represent in Temecula Include:
Temecula Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The right motorcycle accident lawyer can help victims of motorcycle accidents get the compensation they deserve and the help they need.
Types of Damages can Motorcycle Victims Claim Compensation For
The wake of a motorcycle accident can leave victims with severe and often serious injuries, damages and financial burdens. This can put undue stress on individuals and families during a time when healing should be the priority.
Lost work, medical bills and psychological stress can all take a toll. While insurance often covers a portion of the bills, many victims are left with large out of pocket expenses. A Temecula Motorcycle Accident Attorney can make sure you get everything owed to you under California law.
Typical Medical Expenses That Victims May Be Able to Add to Their Claim:
- Emergency room costs
- Ambulatory services
- Diagnostics and imaging (CT scan, MRI, x-rays and more)
- Doctor visits and follow-ups
- Physical therapy and rehabilitative services
- Medical equipment
- Travel expenses to and from the doctor
Misc. Expenses That Victims May Be Able to Add to Their Claim:
- Updating your home with handrails or ramps
- Home maintenance such as lawn care and cleaning services
- Lost future earning potential
- Long-term care costs
Non-Economic Damages That Victims May Be Able to Add to Their Claim:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
How Much Can I Get For My Case?
Regardless of the severity, size or date occurred, retaining our services will never cost you a penny out of pocket upfront. Mova Law Group works off a contingency basis meaning we do not receive payment unless you do! We offer free consultations and motorcycle accident case evaluations. Contact us today to schedule a free consult.
Motor Cycle Accident Statistics In Temecula, Ca
First, we evaluate your case and injuries, figuring out who was at fault and the main factors of the accident are put into consideration during the intake application process. Determining the extent of your injuries, well-being and making sure these injuries are treated will always remain a priority for our firm.
- Greater than 80% of accidents involving a motorcycle result in a passenger or driver injury or wrongful death
- More than 40% of motorcycle accidents resulting in a wrongful death involved alcohol
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and head injuries are among the most common injuries and causes of death in a motorcycle accident
- Drivers entering the path of a motorcycle is attributed to the cause of 33% of accidents
- Motorcycle helmets do little to prevent the majority of common motorcycle injuries, reducing the risk by only 29%
- However, riders who choose to wear a helmet have a 73% reduced risk of fatal injury
- On average, private health insurance only covers 68% of inpatient costs faced by motorcycle crash victims
The Most Common Motor Cycle Accident Injuries In Temecula
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Catastrophic head or neck injury, often resulting in wrongful death
- Paraplegia (immobilization) or partial paralysis due to spinal injury
- Thoracic, lumbar or cervical trauma
- Broken pelvis or hip
- Collapsed lungs
- Internal bleeding
- Major lacerations, cuts and scrapes
- Serious road rash
- Organ trauma and damage
- Multiple fractures including those of the legs, arms, shoulders and other bones
- Intense emotional trauma and distress, including but not limited to anxiety and PTSD
- Disability, scarring or disfigurement
Request a FREE Consultation
Common Hazards Faced By Motorcyclists In Temecula, Ca
In 2019 California saw a notable decrease in motorcycle accidents year over year, yet Temecula residents remain at risk.
According to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration, Temecula Valley Freeway ranks among the deadliest roadways in the entire country, raking #10 in the USA.
Other Dangerous Roadways Include:
- California Interstate 215
- Route 79 (Winchester rd)
- Temecula Parkway
According to the California Highway Patrol, the following represent the most dangerous intersections in Temecula, CA:
- Rancho California Road & Route 15
- Route 15 and Winchester Road
- Route 15 and Temecula Parkway
- Route 15 and Santiago Road
- Route 15 and Route 79
- Winchester Road and Ynez Road
- Jefferson Avenue and Winchester Road
- Bedford CT and Temecula Parkway
- Overland Dr. and Rt 15
- Roripaugh Rd. and Winchester Rd.
- Margarita Rd. and Winchester Rd.
- Rancho California Rd and Ynez Rd
- I-15 Southbound & Rancho California Rd.
- La Paz St & Temecula PKWY
- Butterfield Stage Rd & Temecula PKWY
Negligence And Your Injuries:
What You Need To Know
Do you feel like your injury could have been avoided had it not been for the action or inaction of another party? Perhaps a floor was wet without a posted sign, or a handrail missing. In other cases, a distracted driver on a cell phone may have caused an accident. There are countless situations in which negligence may have played a role in your injury. If your world has been turned upside down by someone who failed to exhibit ‘reasonable care’ or judgement to prevent damage, injury or death, you may have a case.
What Our Experienced Bus Accident Attorneys Will Do For You
Accident Rates In Temecula
Riverside country consistently ranks among the TOP THREE counties for the highest number of motorcycle fatalities in California. The Riverside is home to one of the best places for motorcycle riding, but this doesn’t mean it’s the safest. The growing community means more cars and trucks on roadways, and an increased risk of accidents.
Across California, 453 people were reported dead as a result of motorcycle accidents (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2013). In Riverside County, where Temecula is situated, 226 fatal car accidents were reported in 2013, 38 of them involving motorcycles.